Westgate’s premium Durablind Advantage, offers customers an original design that is all about strength for demanding and high usage areas. Durablind Advantage (unlike the Durablind Choice and Enhance) are installed as standard with 3mm stainless steel side guide wires and the composite of the fabric conforms with EN 13501-1 B s2 d0 fire retardancy. Both magnetic folding crank handle and electric operations are available, as well as a choice of roller fabrics including room darkening and light diffusion, all of which have insulating properties.
- Magnetic folding crank handle or electric operation, reduces issues with misuse and ligature safety
- Robust 3mm stainless steel Side Guide wires stop movements from drafts when windows are open
- Guidewires cannot be cut with scissors or knives
- Flame retardant fabrics conform to EN 13501-1 B s2 d0 standard Robust powder coated bottom bar
- High quality fixtures, fittings and components give a low maintenance long lasting blind
- 10 years guarantee (5 years for electric motor*)
- Crank rods will operate at an angle, for example across benches and desks etc.
*2 years for motors with electronic limits that can be set by a remote control handset
- Recommended for use in teaching and communal areas in FE Colleges, secondary and primary schools for glare control or room darkening
- Use in demanding environments where blinds may be subject to wilful damage
- Prevent blind movement in areas where windows are regularly open
|Fabric types:||Choice of aluminium backed screening fabric or blackout|
|Fabric colours:||21 colours, ranging from white to Plum, incl greys, browns, greens. As well as various colours in blackout option.|
|Dimensions from:||Width: 800mm – 4600mm Drop: 800mm – 6400mm Some larger sizes not suitable for crank operation|
|Operation:||Choice of manual heavy duty detachable magnetic crank handle or motorised with option for wall mounted controls or hand held remote operation|
|Fabric special features:||Fire retardant to B-s2 d0, M2, excellent thermal protection|
|Fabric material:||Aluminium backed fabric comprises coloured open weave polyester mix Blackout is 3 ply PVC + 1 Ply Fibreglass|
|Blinds Measuring Guide:||Download the Guide|
Case Study: National Trust – Easifilm and Durablind for solar control and UV fading
To preserve the historic estate Shugborough, Westgate installed UV and solar Easifilm as well as sun blinds and safety film as part of the renovation.
Case Study: National Trust Shugborough Estate – Bespoke UV blinds
As part of the ongoing refurbishment of the Shugborough Estate by the National Trust, Westgate were asked to install some heavy duty, bespoke UV blinds in the mansion house.
Do roller blinds go inside or outside of the window recess?
How easy are your roller blinds to clean and maintain?
I’m very conscious of safety issues, are your roller blinds child safe?
If our FAQs don’t answer your query, please contact our sales team on +44 (0)1785 242181 or [email protected]