During periods of renovation or construction, noise is a great distraction in indoor spaces that experience high footfall. Premises such as corporate offices, restaurants, conference centres, reception lounges, healthcare centres, and salons and spas are subject to high noise levels that tend to defeat the basic purpose of these spaces. Controlling noise levels becomes necessary for any business to function smoothly, and it can be done in a cost-effective manner by using perforated sound reduction hoardings.
Perforated Sound Reduction Hoarding – Specifications
Let’s quickly look at the technical specifications that enable this product to prove beneficial.
The sound screen comprises a solid metal-faced panel and a perforated panel separated by a layer of mineral wool fibre, which acts as an excellent sound barrier, in addition to providing thermal insulation. One square meter of the panel weighs about 13 kg.
The screen also has a class 0 fire rating, which is resistant to surface spread of flame. The sound insulation capacity varies from 29 to 46 dB, depending on the frequency of the noise, while thermal insulation ability is 0.67 kcal/m² hºC.
Types of Perforated Hoardings to Reduce Sound
There are two basic types of these hoardings:
- Floor to ceiling internal hoarding (is fixed to the existing structure in u-channels)
- Free standing internal hoarding (stands on a range of weighted support feet)
These hoardings are also capable of supporting both single and double doors, making them perfect for temporary functional segregations, without compromising on safety or privacy of the inhabitants.
Advantages of a Perforated Sound Reduction Hoarding
The compact and effective design of these hoardings proves beneficial across different business settings.
- They cut down noise levels by an average of 34 decibels. This makes a great difference in healthcare centres, spas and salons where people prefer to recuperate and relax in calm and peaceful settings. While lesser noise in office spaces enhances concentration and productivity, elimination of background noises improves acoustics in conference halls and recording studios.
- These hoardings facilitate quick and easy renovations, and neat segregations of working spaces, proving a more cost-effective alternative to plastic and wooden partitions, as they also absorb excess noise and act as efficient thermal insulators. It is possible to easily set up an office layout replete with cubicles and cabins, or a healthcare setup with a doctor’s consultation room, waiting area and rooms for patients. Any space can be refurbished to requirements.
- The effective thermal insulation feature makes it easy to maintain comfortable indoor temperatures for longer durations, cutting down the use of HVAC systems and eventually the power bills as well.
- These hoardings also come in handy for construction contractors working on renovation or refurbishing of office spaces, retail outlets and hospitals. Pre-cut bespoke kits based on customer requirement offer a head start on the project. Contractors simply need to assemble the hoardings as planned to achieve the intended outcome. The perfect cut ensures that there are no gaps and the pieces snugly fall in place and stay that way.
- When installed, these hoardings are quite stable. With the floor to ceiling internal hoarding firmly fixed to the existing infrastructure and the free-standing unit resting on a universal weighted support system, the installation is durable and safe as well.
Some internal spaces must necessarily be free of noise, while others may be more comfortable to step into or work in, when the noise levels are more bearable. Business premises located in busy surroundings or amidst industrial settings need to keep noise at bay to function at their productive best, and the perforated hoarding could offer much needed respite!