For the food and beverage industry, Flexiscreen is a superior option for dust containment during project work when compared to other temporary dust screens such as scaffold sheeting. Here’s why our Flexiscreen solution stacks up.
The creation of a dust tight seal
- Structural v-overlap system creates a dust tight seal that is over 99% effective.
- Specially placed joins also create tight seals around existing services and penetrations.
- Generally not finished to a guaranteed dust tight seal with multiple gaps.
Hygienic parts, materials and components
- Ensures food safety and helps to support BRC requirements.
- Manufactured from antibacterial materials and uses hygienic manufacturing considerations to avoid dirt traps.
- All additional components used to install the Flexiscreen take into account the risk of cross contamination.
- Includes the use of stainless steel fixings (where available) and plastic rather than wooden battening.
- Can be of inadequate cleanliness when scaffold poles are required to attach the material.
- Connecting the individual panels sometimes requires the use of plastic cable ties, which could inadvertently find their way into production lines.
- Designed and pre-manufactured offsite.
- Provides a professional installation and finish.
- Validates quality standards during site visits.
- Often installed and fabricated on site rather than pre-manufactured off-site, leaving the final installation less than desirable and more disruptive.
- A range of material options available to suit each project requirement.
- Bespoke design means customers can meet budget requirements.
- Can be reused and reconfigured during phased projects.
- Price can increase if construction works are extended.
- Can end up going over budget.
Minimum disruption to production
- Specifically designed and manufactured off site to ensure quick modular onsite installation.
- Typical on-site installation time can be as little as 24-48 hours.
- Folded fabric panels are easy to get on and off site.
- Often installed on-site and can be disruptive to business processes.
- The unique design means that it takes no more than just a few millimetres.
- Can be made use of in very tight spaces.
- Taller scaffold towers require lots of floor space.
- Often end up having to sacrifice space whilst works are carried out.
Find out how Flexiscreen can help control contamination during food & beverage project work…