Walk round any busy city and you’ll no doubt see lots of construction work. With investment pouring into many developments across the country, new buildings and refurbishments are happening at every turn.
The law states that contractors must provide employees with welfare facilities on all construction projects. These facilities must be available for the entire duration of the project and the nature and scale of them depends on the size, location and type of project that is being undertaken.
The facilities include:
Changing rooms and lockers
If workers require special clothing on-site, such as protective layers or heavy duty boots, changing rooms must be provided to allow them to change, and lockers to ensure personal belongings are kept secure.
Facilities for rest
Break areas must be provided for employees that include tables and chairs with full backs to allow employees to adequately rest. An area for food preparation and eating should also be provided.
Fully working toilets that are kept clean, lit and ventilated at all times are essential facilities.
Workers need to be able to comfortably wash their hands, face and forearms which means sinks or basins must be provided that are large enough to do this. Either hot and cold, or warm, running water must be provided as well as soap, and adequate drying facilities.
Clean drinking water must be provided in either a water fountain or through a tap with cups provided.
The problems contractors face
Construction projects that have a lot of outside space to play with can make use of porta cabins that can accommodate the above facilities, as well as creating essential office space for meeting rooms and general administration and planning. However, with inner city projects, that outside space just isn’t there and the solution for the facilities must be brought internally.
Hoardfast internal site rooms allow clients to create a free standing modular structure, completely specific to individual requirements and based on the number of employees onsite and the amount of space you have available.
Additionally, Westgate can also supply a number of furniture options that can be utilised within the space.
Why choose Hoardfast internal site rooms?
- Hoardfast internal site systems hold many benefits.
- Purchase or hire options available – we will help you calculate the most cost effective option, based on the term of your project.
- Each panel is lightweight and the size is designed to make it easy to carry – perfect for multi-story buildings with restricted access
- Installations are quick, clean and simple
- Systems can be taken down and relocated – ideal when projects are phased and across multiple floors or locations
- Westgate hold a large UK based stock, which means next business day deliveries come as standard, and goods deliveries and collections are there when you need them.
Do you have inner city fit out project and need to create welfare facilities for employees? Contact us for more information on our internal site rooms.