POSITION: Structural Engineer
Job Type: Full time
Location: Based at Head Office, Stafford
A fresh opportunity has arisen for a Structural Engineer to join the thriving Westgate Global Ltd team. You will be providing support and assistance on a wide and varied portfolio of projects, requiring either application-specific or site-specific calculations, and carrying out everyday design checks. You will also work with both the Projects and the Product Management team to enhance our current products, and aid the development of new ones, offering input into risk assessments, O&M manuals etc. where appropriate.
The candidate should:
– Be proactive, attentive to detail, health and safety aware, solution oriented and a good communicator
– Be competent in integrated 3D modelling and structural design – with ability to design concepts in 3D software programs – and be able to carry out Production of Temporary Works Design checks
– Be able to provide a range of ad hoc calculations as required, incl. beam deflections, crowd loadings, support steel intervals, necessary beam grade or fixing capacities, overturning moments or wind/snow loadings, and assessing their impact upon our design proposals
– Be fully conversant in using AutoCAD, and additional relevant design software experience would be an advantage
– Be able to assist in the leading of, or lead, a variety of projects to completion
– Have an existing ability to provide wind loading calculations and to predict their effect upon proposed structures
– Have practical product/industry knowledge to understand customer’s constraints
– Be prepared to attend occasional site meetings and inspections
– Be eligible to work in UK and have a valid UK driving license – candidates requiring visas or without a UK driving license will not be considered
Desired qualifications and experience are:
– Degree or equivalent in Structural Engineering
– Ideally a master’s degree in Structural Engineering
– Chartered Status would be advantageous
– Experience in the manufacturing and construction industries.
– Proven experience of structural steel and loading calculations.
– Proven ability to apply BS Standards and Eurocodes to design applications.
– Fully IT literate with experience of structural design software packages