Reports to: Head of Projects
Roles reporting to this role: None
Principle Purpose of Position:
To manage the procurement and installation of Fast Action Doors, Steel or Aluminium structures and enclosures, including the coordination of the according design process. To ensure a high level of customer satisfaction and safety. Completing projects on time and within budget, whilst maximising gross profit and without compromising quality.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Management of multiple concurrent installation projects, ensuring that they are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Collaborating with the client to determine the specifications of a project.
- Ensuring that the work of sub-contractors is being carried out to the expected standards.
- Complete site visits when required for Pre-start meetings and quality audits.
- Negotiating contracts with external suppliers to reach profitable agreements.
- Working with all internal teams to ensure that activities are completed in readiness for project start dates.
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Determine the required resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations.
- Management of Fast Action Door Call Outs and Maintenance packages.
- Working collaboratively with the design team to value engineer projects where possible, to improve profit and streamline installation timelines.
- Manage suppliers to ensure the timely and compliant delivery of all plant and materials.
- Handle ongoing issue and change management, maintaining contractual records and documentation
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Ensuring adherence to all health and safety standard and reporting issues
- Ensure that all relevant systems are maintained and updated for easy reference to any member of staff when information is needed.
- Supporting the Sales team, as required, towards work winning activities.
- Oversee project budgets and manage variations to contracts in full and inline with the contractual agreements with the customer.
- The management of NCRs in relation to allocated projects.
- The achievement of interdepartmental and personal KPIs as agreed.
- Foster repeat business through class leading customer service.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Adherence to company procedures and policies.
- Ability to multitask several projects at once, with conflicting priorities
- Commercially minded, seeking opportunities to increase value and save costs on a project, without compromising quality or client relationships.
- Practically minded, to develop and ensure a solution that will work effectively and anticipate any problems in advance
- Ability to manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Strong planning and organisational skills to manage installation/subcontractor schedules and delivery timings
- Flexible, ‘can-do’ attitude
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- A drive towards interdepartmental collaboration and continual improvement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- CSCS Card an advantage.
- SMSTS certification an advantage.
- Driving License essential.
- Experience of Installing Steel Structures is highly preferable.
- Experience of Installing Fast Action Doors is highly preferable.
- Experience of Foundation installation is preferable.
- Budgetary Management experience and commercial awareness are essential.
- Knowledge of Lift planning would be an advantage.
- Recognised Project Management Qualification is a benefit.
We know you’re busy finding roles to match candidates with. We take a very-hands on approach with our recruitment efforts, finding the right person to join The Westgate Group.
We’ve made the decision to keep our recruitment in-house. We don’t have relationships with recruitment agencies, so please don’t contact us in relation to this role.