PROJECT MANAGER / INSTALLATION MANAGER
Job Type: Full time
Location: Based at Head Office Stafford, with occasional site visits
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a new Project Manager to support our Projects Team. To manage all installation projects allocated in an efficient manner, ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction. Completing projects on time and within budget, whilst maximising gross profit and without compromising quality.
Westgate are market leaders in partitioning solutions, working with large brands across the UK and Europe. Specialising in design, supply and installation since 1977, Westgate have over 40 years’ experience from concept to completion. We cover a wide range of sectors including manufacturing, automotive and aerospace, pharmaceutical, food and beverage, general manufacturing, warehousing, construction and fit out. Westgate is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. You will be part of an ambitious business that has exciting growth plans.
- Management of multiple projects, ensuring that they are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Collaborating with the client to determine the detailed specifications of the project.
- Negotiating contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements.
- Oversee project budgets and manage variations to contracts in full and in line with the contractual agreements with the customer.
- Determine the required resources (manpower, equipment, and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations.
- Working with internal teams to ensure that activities are completed in readiness for project start dates.
- Working collaboratively with the design team to value engineer projects where possible to improve profit and streamline installation timelines.
- Manage sub-contractors to ensure that their work is being carried out to the expected standards.
- Manage suppliers to ensure the timely and compliant delivery of all plant and materials.
- Complete site visits when required for Pre-start meetings and quality audits.
- Handle ongoing change management, maintaining contractual records and documentation.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Ensuring adherence to all health and safety standards and reporting any issues
- Ensure that all relevant software systems are maintained
- Management of NCRs in relation to allocated projects.
- Achievement of interdepartmental and personal KPIs as agreed.
- Supporting the Sales team as required towards work winning activities.
- Foster repeat business through class leading customer service.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Adherence to company procedures and policies.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Ability to multitask multiple projects at once, with conflicting priorities.
- Commercially minded, seeking opportunities to increase value and save costs on a project, without compromising quality or client relationships.
- Practically minded, to develop solutions in a team that will work effectively and anticipate any problems in advance.
- An ability to manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs
- Strong planning and organisational skills to manage subcontractor schedules and delivery timings.
- Flexible, ‘can-do’ attitude
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- A drive towards interdepartmental collaboration and continual improvement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Construction Management awareness is essential
- Driving License essential
- Proven working experience in Project management.
- CSCS Card beneficial.
- SMSTS certificated an advantage.
- Recognised Project Management Qualification is a benefit
- Friendly working environment
- Automatic enrolment into our defined contribution workplace pension plan (dependent upon eligibility)
- Automatic enrolment into our workplace Medical Insurance Scheme (dependent upon eligibility)
- Right to work in the UK required.
We know you’re busy finding roles to match candidates with. We take a very-hands on approach with our recruitment efforts, finding the right person to join Westgate Global. We’ve made the decision to keep our recruitment in-house. We don’t have relationships with recruitment agencies, so please don’t contact us in relation to this role.