Project Manager – Installation/Fit Out
Job Type: Full time
Location: Based at Head Office, Stafford
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project Manager to join our rapidly expanding Operations Team. As one of our Project Managers, you will manage all subcontract installation projects allocated in an efficient manner, ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction. Completing projects on time and within budget, whilst maximising gross profit without compromising quality.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Management of multiple projects, ensuring that they are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders.
- Complete site visits when required for Pre-start meetings and quality audits.
- Collaborating with the client to determine the detailed specifications of the project.
- Negotiating contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements.
- Working with all internal teams to ensure that activities are completed in readiness for project start dates.
- Determine the required resources (manpower, equipment, and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations.
- Working collaboratively with the design team to value engineer projects where possible to improve profit and streamline installation timelines.
- Supervising the work of sub-contractors to ensure that their work is being carried out to the expected standards.
- Manage suppliers to ensure the timely and compliant delivery of all plant and materials.
- Scheduling intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met.
- Handle ongoing issue and change management, maintaining contractual records and documentation.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Ensuring adherence to all health and safety standard and reporting issues
- Obtaining applicable work permits and licenses to allow our works to be completed.
- Ensure that all relevant systems are maintained and updated for easy reference to any member of staff when information is needed.
- Supporting the Sales team as required towards work winning activities.
- Oversee project budgets and manage variations to contracts in full and in line with the contractual agreements with the customer.
- Management of NCRs in relation to allocated projects.
- Achievement of interdepartmental and personal KPIs as agreed.
- Foster repeat business through class leading customer service.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Adherence to company procedures and policies
- Ability to multitask multiple projects at once, with conflicting priorities.
- Commercially minded, seeking opportunities to increase value and save costs on a project, without compromising quality or client relationships.
- Practically minded, to develop and ensure a solution that will work effectively and anticipate any problems in advance.
- Ability to manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Strong planning and organisational skills to manage subcontractor schedules and delivery timings.
- Excellent client-facing and internal written and verbal communication skills
- A drive towards interdepartmental collaboration and continual improvement.
- Flexible ‘can-do’ attitude
- Supplier/Subcontractor experience
- Experience of Project Management in a Fit out/Construction environment would be highly desirable.
- Experience of Structural/Exhibitions/Fencing/Partitions/Suspended Ceilings would also suffice
- Construction management awareness essential
- CSCS Card beneficial
- SMSTS certificated an advantage.
- Driving License essential
- Recognised Project Management Qualification is a benefit
- Proven working experience in project management.
- Right to work in the UK is required.
We know you’re busy finding roles to match candidates with. We take a very-hands on approach with our recruitment efforts, finding the right person to join The Westgate Group.
We’ve made the decision to keep our recruitment in-house. We don’t have relationships with recruitment agencies, so please don’t contact us in relation to this role.