Job Type: Full time
Location: Based at Head Office Stafford, with occasional site visits
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a new Project Coordinator to work within our growing Projects Team. The role involves the full management of a personal portfolio of installation projects in an efficient manner and whilst ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction. Projects are required to be completed on time and to specification, whilst maximising profitability and ensuring that quality standards are met.
Westgate are market leaders in partitioning solutions, working with large brands across the UK and Europe. Specialising in design, supply and installation since 1977, Westgate have over 40 years’ experience from concept to completion. We cover a wide range of sectors including manufacturing, automotive and aerospace, pharmaceutical, food and beverage, general manufacturing, warehousing, construction and fit out. Westgate is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. You will be part of an ambitious business that has exciting growth plans.
- The coordination of multiple concurrent projects, ensuring that they are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Oversee project budgets and manage any variations to contracts in line with the relevant contractual agreements.
- Determine, arrange and oversee the required resources (manpower, equipment, and materials) with attention to budgetary limitations.
- Develop project plans to monitor and track progress.
- Handle change management, maintaining contractual records and documentation.
- Negotiating contracts with suppliers to reach profitable agreements.
- Manage suppliers to ensure the timely and compliant delivery of all plant and materials.
- Collaborating with our clients to determine the specifications of a project.
- Working collaboratively with the design team to value engineer projects where possible to improve profit and streamline installation timelines.
- Ensure that the work of subcontractors is being carried out to the expected standards.
- Complete site visits when required for Pre-start meetings and quality audits.
- Work in partnership with the Sales team as required towards work winning activities.
- Ensuring adherence to Health & Safety standards
- Achievement of departmental and personal KPIs as agreed.
- Foster repeat business through class leading customer service.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once, with conflicting priorities.
- Commercially minded, seeking opportunities to increase value and save costs on a project, without compromising quality or client relationships.
- Practically minded, to develop solutions in a team that will work effectively and anticipate any problems in advance.
- An ability to manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs
- Strong planning and organisational skills to manage subcontractor schedules and delivery timings.
- Flexible, ‘can-do’ attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Driving License essential
- Proven experience in Project Coordination
- Experience of work within Construction or Fit Out would be beneficial but not essential
- At least 1 years’ proven experience in a project team or relevant support role highly desirable – or an understanding of Project Support and the construction industry with a willingness to learn and grow into the role
- SMSTS and/or CSCS Card an advantage
- Strong IT Skills
- Friendly working environment
- Automatic enrolment into our defined contribution workplace pension plan (dependent upon eligibility)
- Automatic enrolment into our workplace Medical Insurance Scheme (dependent upon eligibility)
- Right to work in the UK required.
We know you’re busy finding roles to match candidates with. We take a very-hands on approach with our recruitment efforts, finding the right person to join Westgate Global. We’ve made the decision to keep our recruitment in-house. We don’t have relationships with recruitment agencies, so please don’t contact us in relation to this role.