JOB TITLE: Import & Export Co-ordinator
Job Type: Full time
Location: Based at Head Office.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Import & Export Co-ordinator. You will be arranging import and export of freight shipments, producing the necessary documentation, liaising with suppliers and freight forwarders and working with other departments to ensure business needs and JIT logistics are met.
Westgate are market leaders in screening and partitioning solutions. Specialising in design, supply and installation since 1977, Westgate have over 40 years’ experience from concept to completion working with large brands across the UK and Europe. We cover a wide range of sectors including manufacturing; automotive and aerospace, disposables, pharmaceutical, food, beverage, and general manufacturing; warehousing and logistics; construction and fit out. Westgate is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community. You will be part of an ambitious business that has exciting growth plans.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Expert knowledge of technical regulations related to logistics such as import/export and customs regulations, including security requirements to include certification in dangerous goods handling and aviation security
- Strong IT systems knowledge and skills including knowledge and understanding of specialist systems such as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and customer data systems
- Previous Shipping and/or Freight forwarding experience is essential
- Previous Import and Export experience is essential
- 2+ years working in a similar role
- Firm grasp of supply chain, inventory, distribution, freight, and customs principles
- Process Export orders, generate pick list and create export documentations.
- Coordinating despatch of products with the Warehouse team
- Operating in Compliance with HM Customs requirements for reporting and identifying products being imported and exported.
- Coordinate with Transport Carriers to achieve delivery dates
- Raising transport Purchase Orders
- Arrange transport as required communicating with carriers and customs clearance
- Negotiate rates and contracts with import & export transportation and logistics providers
- Operating in compliance with import authorities and trade regulations
- Track despatches and liaise with customer regarding delivery queries
- Understanding of Harmonised Codes and Preferential Origin of goods
- Validating, checking C88/NES entries for accuracy and maintaining a log of entries.
- Knowledge of HM Customs legal requirements.
- Knowledge of Importer of Record and record keeping processes
- Ability to solve typical problems by evaluating and selecting solutions from established options
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to drive tasks to completion
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent attention to detail,
- Strong time management skills,
- Ability to work well with others,
- Strong team player
- Achievement of deadlines,
- Understanding of transportation limitations and regulations,
- Highly skilled communicator with the ability to form and maintain good relationships internally and externally,
- Customer focussed,
- Strong planning skills with the ability to handle multiple projects through to completion and to manage competing priorities,
- Commercial and financial acumen with a full understanding of the impact of failure in terms of business cost, production schedules and customer order fulfilment
- Friendly working environment
- On-site free staff parking
- Automatic enrolment into our defined contribution workplace pension plan (dependent upon eligibility)
- Automatic enrolment into our workplace Medical Insurance Scheme (dependent upon eligibility)
- Right to work in the UK required.
We know you’re busy finding roles to match candidates with. We take a very-hands on approach with our recruitment efforts, finding the right person to join The Westgate Group. We’ve made the decision to keep our recruitment in-house. We don’t have relationships with recruitment agencies, so please don’t contact us in relation to this role.