An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Design Surveyor to join our ever-growing Projects Team. As a Design Surveyor, you will be able to provide technical and design support to both customers and the wider business. The successful candidate will be required to travel to project sites, for measurement purposes, prior to the design of a site specific solution to meet the needs of that project or client. It is anticipated that you will have the understanding and skills required to successfully undertake this role.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Proven experience in Designing Installations within the Construction, Fit-Out or Industrial fields.
- Site Survey experience beneficial.2D CAD competency and usage essential.
- Relevant Construction Skills Certification Card (CSCS) highly beneficial.
- Full driving licence
- Understanding of CDM processes required
- SMSTS or SSSTS would be preferred although not essential
- IPAF, PASMA beneficial but not essential
- Complete a site visit following a handover from the Projects team
- Meet with the key client contact onsite to qualify the Project requirements/detail and capture all elements of the worksite.
- Design a solution based upon the Westgate Product range, using CAD.
- Produce a full suite of documentation to enable customer approval of this design.
- Produce a full suite of documentation to enable the manufacture and installation of all components.
- Discuss and capture all operational impacts of the installation (including but not limited to phased installations, works to be completed ahead of us commencing onsite, special requirements that are site specific)
- Find solutions to non-standard requirements and liaise effectively with other operational areas to capture the design.
- Submit and handover to the projects team all documentation, including variations to the original design so that project costs can be managed from that point onwards.
- Liaise with fitting teams to support with any questions arising regarding the installation method and assist with updating designs as required
- Work with the relevant team including external support to ensure that all wind loadings and structural calculations are actioned and documented when it is required.
- Using your skills and expertise, ideally improve the original concept to value engineer the installation whilst not compromising on quality
- Work to an agreed schedule to ensure that project timelines are achieved
- Work alongside R&D where needed to provide practical and technical support in delivering effective new or improved solutions to market
- Provide professional advice to the sales team regarding projects in the pipeline.
- An ability to specify the required access equipment for a project is preferred.
- Ensure that all site visits to active projects have a site audit documented and submitted to ensure that we can monitor quality and H&S
- Work closely with the other Design Surveyors to ensure a consistent approach is maintained for design and customer facing documentation.
- Practically minded to ensure a solution that will work effectively and anticipate any problems in advance.
- Well presented with excellent communication skills to ensure that we deliver an excellent service to our customers
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a flexible, ‘can-do’ attitude to achieve short notice requirements and turnarounds.
- Ability to produce site specific 2D CAD drawings and associated documentation
- Commercially minded, ability to highlight opportunities to increase efficiency and save costs on a project without compromising quality
- Understanding of surveying techniques
- Competent in producing associated risk assessments and method statements for the package of works.
- Friendly working environment
- On-site free staff parking
- Automatic enrolment into our defined contribution workplace pension plan (dependent upon eligibility)
- Automatic enrolment into our workplace Medical Insurance Scheme (dependent upon eligibility)
- Right to work in the UK required.
Job Type: Full time
Location: Based at Head Office, Stafford with 1-2 site visits per week across the UK.