Principle Purpose of Position:
Complete a customer site visit and carry out a final project survey, bespoke to the project requirements that are set out within the scope of works provided. Following the site visit, produce a full set of installation drawings, RAMS and a components list. Communicate professionally with our customers to ensure that all details of the project are captured including any elements operationally that may impact the installation schedule. Assess the required works and highlight any technical requirements for consideration, such as wind loadings or structural. To provide technical and design support to the wider business when required.
The role will require the individual to travel to sites throughout the UK and potentially abroad.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Complete a site visit following a handover from the projects team.
- Meet with the key contact onsite to qualify the installation project detail and capture all elements.
- Using your skills and expertise, improve the original concept from sales to value engineer the installation whilst not compromising on quality.
- Produce a full suite of documentation to enable customer approval, manufacturing, and installation team instruction.
- Discuss and capture all operational impacts of the installation (including but not limited to phased installations, works to be completed ahead of us commencing onsite, special requirements that are site specific)
- Find solutions to non-standard requirement and liaise effectively with other operational areas to capture the design.
- Submit and handover to the projects team all documentation, including variations to the original design so that project costs can be managed.
- Liaise with fitting teams to support with any questions arising regarding the installation method and assist with updating designs as required.
- Work with the relevant team including external support to ensure that all wind load and structural calculations are documented when it is required.
- Work to an agreed schedule to ensure that project timelines are achieved.
- Work alongside R&D where needed to provide practical and technical support in delivering effective new or improved solutions to market.
- Provide professional advice to the sales team regarding projects in the pipeline.
- Ensure that all site visits to active projects have a site audit documented and submitted to ensure that we can monitor quality and H&S.
- Work closely with the other Design Surveyors to ensure a consistent approach is maintained for design and customer facing documentation.
- Practically minded to ensure a solution that will work effectively and anticipate any problems in advance
- Well presented with excellent communication skills to ensure that we deliver an excellent service to our customers.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a flexible, ‘can-do’ attitude to achieve short notice requirements and turnarounds.
- Ability to produce site specific 2D CAD drawings and associated documentation.
- Commercially minded, ability to highlight opportunities to increase efficiency and save costs on a project without compromising quality.
- Understanding of surveying techniques
- Competent in producing associated risk assessments and method statements for the package of works.
- Relevant Construction Skills Certification Cards (CSCS, IPAF, PASMA)
- Full driving license
- Understanding of CDM regulations required
- SMSTS or SSSTS would be preferred although not essential.
- Proven experience in designing and surveying industrial installations.